As a Pentecostal Church in KCK we believe in the power of the Holy Spirit and love to let God have His way in our church! We know that this church belongs to God first and foremost and love to welcome His presence at every single service.
Men have an amazing knack for taking things that do not belong to them. Even children take things from their siblings or other children. The 10 commandments themselves involve theft such as,
Do not kill-The theft of a life.
Do not commit adultery-The theft of someone’s spouse
Do not steal-The theft of someone’s possessions
Do not bear false witness-The theft of someone’s reputation
Stealing is sin against society and God. It’s amazing how many ways there are to steal. Let’s talk about five of those ways.
- Deceiving Customers- Businesses create commercials or signs that promise more than they deliver. Even in the medical field doctors run unnecessary tests or perform unnecessary procedures.
- We’re Not To Defraud Our Employers-We are not just talking about stealing office supplies, but also time. People take breaks that run too long, lie on their time cards, or do other things than work when they are on the clock.
- Leaving Bills Unpaid.–Some people have no intention of paying the bills they run up. Other people intend to pay but through unwise decisions they cannot make their payments.
- Stealing From The Government-There is nothing wrong with applying legal laws to maximise your benefits, but tax evasion is stealing.
- Stealing From God-Stealing is taking property that belongs to someone else. Do we actually break the 8th commandment if we are not tithing? Everything belongs to God and He commands we return a tenth to Him (called the tithe). This command is no less important than all the rest.
It’s so important that we live a life of honesty because our lives are being watched. By who you may ask? Consider this.
- We are being watched by God. Society has become so barbaric. We forget we have to give an account of our lives. People steal because they think they can get away with it. If stealing was okay you would not have to sneak to do it. By His grace God gives us the power to not steal but to work and help others in need.
- We are being watched by our children. Little ears hear and little eyes see. What are kids become is hugely based on the lives we live.
- We are watched by unbelievers. Our testimony has more impact than we think. Even if unbelievers don’t say anything they are scrutinizing our every move. Many have come to Christ simply by seeing Him through the life of a believer.
The Bible describes satan as the thief. When we steal we are taking on his character instead of the character of God. The Bible says the lust for money is the root of all evil. Some even steal out of pride. They love the idea that they are getting over on someone. Does any of this sound like God? Let’s take a look at what scripture says.
A faithful man will abound with blessings,
But he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished. Prov 28:20 NKJ
Ill-gotten gain gets you nowhere;
an honest life is immortal. Prov 10:2 MSG
God-loyal people, living honest lives,
make it much easier for their children. Prov 20:7 MSG
“Begin by being honest. Do honest people rob God? But you rob me day after day.
“You ask, ‘How have we robbed you?’
“The tithe and the offering—that’s how! And now you’re under a curse—the whole lot of you—because you’re robbing me. Bring your full tithe to the Temple treasury so there will be ample provisions in my Temple. Test me in this and see if I don’t open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams. For my part, I will defend you against marauders, protect your wheat fields and vegetable gardens against plunderers.” The Message of God-of-the-Angel-Armies. Mal 3:8-11 NKJ
God says bring the tithe into the temple which is the local church. This is the church you attend. The money brought in enables the church to do what it does. Imagine what the church could do if everyone obeyed this commandment.
God says you are cheating me. Start tithing today. God would not command us to do the impossible. Begin today by living as if God is your boss. Live your life as if He is watching knowing you will be judged by Him.
Live your life with integrity.
Father thank You for showing me areas of my life I have not considered. I have stolen things that I shouldn’t have, I confess that this makes me a thief and I ask You to forgive me. I receive the conviction and the leading of the Holy Spirit in my day to day life. I choose to live a life remembering always that You see and know everything I think and do. I do not want to be like the devil. Make me in Your image. Forgive me Lord.
MEDITATE ON THIS
Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. Ephesians 4:28 NKJV